Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Lemonade?

When life throws you lemons, make lemonade?  That is all well and good but sometimes life throws you a curve, right out of left field.

On January 10th, my dear friend, and editor of my books, Margherita Pine, passed from our presence and into the Lord's presence.  I have been saddened by my loss of her friendship, encouragement, and the daily phone calls to check on my writing.

It was almost 20 years ago, I was taking a class and this lovely women sat down beside me and introduced herself.  She was originally from Oklahoma, as was my mother, so we had an immediate connection.  We became friends and over time, best friends.

I never dreamed I would become a writer. Nor, had I known she was an editor. When I began my writing career in 2009, she mentioned that she would love to edit my books for me.  I was stunned.  We had never really talked about that side of her life.

Looking back, I realize how God put her into my life and me in hers.  We had so many things in common.

Now, she is gone and there is a huge void in my life.  I think of her everyday and the blessing she was to me.  She will be missed by so many. 

Two days before she died she called to ask me if I would be getting back to my writing soon.  I said yes and she made me promise not to stop.  Sometimes, God prepares those with their final tasks here on earth.  I was hers.

I will soon start the illustrations on book #3 of The Harrison Series, it was the last book she edited for me and it seems only fitting to get back to it, for her.

Pray for me as I go through the grief of losing her and writing with out her wonderful encouragement.

God Bless you all...
  • Becky

No comments:

Post a Comment